Friday, November 19, 2010

2010 Fourth Quarter

The last quarter is always a time for reflection, reorganization and revision.  I am in the process of evaluating my business and how I serve my clients.  The most efficient way I have found is by working by referral.

My primary source of new business is from referrals from former clients, friends and family…people who know me, trust me and like how I work.  In my 20 plus years listing and selling residential Real Estate, I have always used the tag line “caring and competent service”; the current market has prompted me to add confident to that tag…”caring competent and confident service.”   What has been needed in the past few years has been a new confidence in getting the job done.

I choose to spend my time working with good people who know someone who has had a good experience with the kind of service I provide.  The market is challenging, but workable.  Prices are not soaring, but are stable; mortgages are a bit more difficult to put together but the money is available.  What is true, is that everything seems to take a bit longer than it has in the past.

Having said that, it leaves less time for going out prospecting for new clients.  I prefer to spent the time uncovering solutions for the clients I am serving at the moment. I am creative and focused on finding the next best thing to get the job done.  I rely on my clients to help me find the next person I might work with so I can provide them with the same caring, competent and confident service. They do not fail me…and for that, as we near Thanksgiving, I am grateful!

No comments: